Steel Supply L.P.
We know you care about how your personal information is used, stored and protected when you browse the web. We take your security seriously. The following policy will help you understand how we protect and use your 'Personally Identifiable Information' (PII). PII, as described in US privacy law and information security, is information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context. The following policy will outline how we collect, how we use, how we handle and how we protect your Personally Identifiable Information.
Personally Identifiable Information
How we Collect Information
When do we collect information?
We collect personal information from you when you:
- Register on our site
- Place an order
- Subscribe to a newsletter or mailing list
- Submit a quote request
- Submit a contact us form
What information do we collect?
We collect only the data we need to complete your transaction or request.
If you place an order with us you will be asked to enter your name, business name, email address, mailing address, billing address, phone number, and credit card information.
If you subscribe to a newsletter or mailing list we ask for your name and email address.
If you submit a quote request or contact us form we ask for your name, business name, email address, phone number. This information is necessary for us to quickly respond to your inquiry or quote.
How do we use your information?
We use the information you provide us to:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To respond directly to your customer service inquiry and requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To ship your orders.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products.
- To follow-up with you after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries).
How do we protect your information?
Securing our Web Server
Our website is maintained on a private, secure server that is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities and malware. Information is stored behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of people who have special access rights to our systems. These people are legally bound to keep all of our information confidential.
Securing the Connection
When you connect to our website, every page you access is sent via a secure socket layer (SSL). This means that our website and your browser have a direct, private, encrypted connection to each other.
You know the page you are browsing is secure by the https:// at the beginning of the URL. Most browsers display this in green.
While we do everything we can to protect your information, no security measures are completely effective and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of your personal information.
Securing your Sensitive Information
When you submit an order we open a direct gateway to our payment processing partner to securely collect your credit card or payment information. We do not process or store your credit card or payment information on our servers.
Do we Share your information?
We partner with other companies to help us run our business. These partners provide services such as processing credit cards, sending emails on our behalf, and maintaining our web server. These companies are not allowed to use, sell or transfer your personal information and are required to provide reasonable security measures to protect our data.
We may disclose information under the following conditions:
- If we believe that disclosure is necessary to prevent or respond to fraud, defend our website against attacks or to protect your privacy.
- If we are compelled to provide information by a court of law or other legal measures.
We will not sell your information.
We may provide aggregate information (Non-Identifiable Information) to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Do we use 'cookies'?
- Get a general sense of how users navigate our site
- To gain insight into how users experience our site
- Compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions
These insights allow us to improve your user experience on our site and to offer you better services and tools.
If you turn cookies off, you will still be able to use all of the services we provide. However, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
We use Google Analytics to analyze non-identifiable information. Please refer to "How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps" For more information about what Google collects and how to control the information Google receives.
Do Not Track
We promise to honor "Do Not Track" signals sent by your web browser. If your browser sends this signal we will not collect any data on your interactions with our website.
At our discretion, we may include or offer links to other companies' products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
You can change your personal information:
- By emailing us
- By calling us
- By logging in to your account
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States' consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Do we not let third-parties, including ad networks or plug-ins, collect PII from children under 13.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations. We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at email@example.com or follow the instructions at the bottom of each email. We promise to promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
14130 West Rd
Houston, TX 77041
Last Edited on 2018-06-08